The Fresno Unified School District Benefits Department understands the importance of balancing your professional and personal life. We administer health and welfare benefits for FUSD employees, retirees, and their eligible dependents.
FUSD health and welfare benefits include:
- Medical (Aetna or Kaiser Permanente)
- Dental (Delta Dental or UHC Dental)
- Vision (MES Vision)
- Life Insurance
Please note that changes to your health and welfare benefits can only be made during one of the instances below:
- Within 31 days of your eligibility date – This eligibility window is for newly hired employees or for employee’s returning from an unpaid leave. The district offers an online system that walks you through the process of enrolling into your health and welfare benefits. An email will be sent to your FUSD account with the link to your New Hire enrollment portal.
- Within 31 days of a Special Enrollment Event – You qualify for a Special Enrollment Event if you have recently experienced certain life events, including getting married, entering into a Domestic Partnership, having a baby, adopting a child, or obtaining permanent legal guardianship over a child. You have 31 days from the day of the event to fill out a “Special Enrollment Form” and submit it to the Benefits Department.
- During Open Enrollment – Every year, from October 1st through November 30th, the district hosts its yearly Open Enrollment period. This is your opportunity to make changes to your benefits (such as adding or removing dependents, switch to a different plan, etc.). Changes will take effect January 1st of the following year.
If you have questions, please contact the Benefits Department at 559-457-3520.
Plan Option A and Option B (PPO) Participants
Aetna Replaced Anthem Blue Cross for In-Network Medical Services starting January 1, 2022
The Joint Health Management Board (JHMB) contracts with specific healthcare provider networks to provide in-network medical services for the PPO Plans. For over the last two decades, in-network medical services have been offered utilizing the Anthem Blue Cross of California (Anthem) provider network. Starting January 1, 2022, PPO plans switched to the Aetna national provider network for in-network medical services. To find medical providers in the Aetna network, please refer to the below.
Find medical providers in the Aetna network
Your options include medical doctors and specialists, like primary care providers, pediatricians, cardiologists and ob/gyns. They also include hospitals, physical therapy centers, nursing facilities and more.
You can visit providers who aren’t part of the Aetna network. But you’ll likely pay more out of pocket and have to file your own claims.
Claremont Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The Claremont Employee Assistance Program (EAP) helps you resolve personal issues before they become more serious and difficult to manage. You and you eligible family members can receive professional, confidential counseling at no cost. Claremont EAP also provides access to resources such as free legal and financial consultations. They will even draw up a basic Will at no cost! Prioritize yourself and reach out to the free, confidential, and extremely valuable program. Visit www.ClaremontEAP.com.
Update Your Phone Number and Address with FUSD if Necessary
It is important to keep your contact information updated with the District for important announcements. Please ensure your phone number and address in the HR system (Lawson) are correct and up to date. If you need assistance with updating your phone number or address, please contact the Employee Service Center at 559-457-3514, or email them at EmployeeServiceCenter@fresnounified.org. You can also follow the instructions below while on District network to update your phone number or address yourself.
Employee Self Service Instructions
Log into to Lawson using FUSD Network: https://go.fresnou.org/lawson
You can do the following:
- Change your address
- Update your phone number
*If you are not able to log in, call IT at (559) 457-2600.